[Vision2020] Sex Offender

Reggie Holmquist reggieholmquist at u.boisestate.edu
Tue Mar 8 12:48:13 PST 2011

I'm confused as to why we're focusing solely on sex offenders.  The large
majority of folks in the prison system are there on drug-related charges.
Leave the sex offenders in, and early-relase (or reduce sentencing
guidelines for) the drug-related offenders in order to save money and reduce
the size of the prison-industrial complex.  Also, do not renew contracts for
private prison profiteers, that way 35-40% of the state's prison costs won't
be set in stone.  If we are going to set anything in stone, it should be a
base level of funding for education (and that base level should be higher
than the current level of funding).

-Reggie

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what
the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be

Douglas Adams