[Vision2020] Child Protective Services

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Mon Mar 7 10:42:59 PST 2011

Tom
I went to a 4-H training session in Lewiston Saturday.  One of the subjects was child protection. The amount of abuse that occurs in relation to children is shocking. I do not know where things stand on the budget, but I would encourage everyone to make sure that there are no cuts in Child Protective Services. This is a area that needs attention. There are  other areas that can be legitimately cut. One would be the prision budget. It costs a lot of money to keep people in prision. Except for those that are a danger to society and should never be released, it is questionable to keep people locked up for a long period of time. It may be fine for a short sentence as punishment, but there should be better ways to deal with those that are not a physical treat to society.
Again Child Protective Services needs to stay fully funded.

Roger