[Vision2020] A Few Survival Hints

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Mar 1 03:57:08 PST 2011

Courtesy of the "Letters to the Editor" section of today's (March 1, 2011)
Moscow-Pullman Daily News with thanks to Aaron "Citizen" Ament.

A few survival hints

As is the case in the other states and the U.S., we are governed mostly by
wealthy people who believe the role of government is to funnel public
funds into their own pockets.

Circumstance has lessened the flow of wealth through government coffers.
What was once a river is now a trickle. A pocket once overflowing is now
in danger of becoming as empty as a politician's promise. In light of
these events, savings will have to be made. If government spending on the
public at large, the remains of the middle class and that group Jesus
referred to as the least among us is foregone, shortfalls can be addressed
and the flow into the pockets maintained. If we eliminate spending on
infrastructure, the flow might even return to pre-manufactured meltdown
levels.

While we here in Idaho will certainly be asked to bear our part of our
allotted burden, we have advantages that might not be available to
residents of other states.

Foreclosure an issue for you? Steal timber from state lands and build a
house. If there is a complaint, ignore it, it's just for show. To further
ease the process, build your new home on public land. We have a long and
noble history of using public lands for personal profit.

Taxes too high? Don't pay them. Do what Idaho trend setters have been
doing for years. Have the Idaho Legislature pass a tax break designed just
for you. If you can't pull that off, call a member of the Idaho State Tax
Commission - for express service call the chair. Just tell them how much
you are willing to pay - it's as easy as that. Insert Republican for
government or politician if you live in Idaho.

Aaron Ament
Moscow

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."