[Vision2020] Fwd: FW: PERSI - Utah Model Overview

Tom Trail ttrail at moscow.com
Wed Jun 29 15:45:42 PDT 2011

>Visionaries:

During the last Legislative Session there were rumors that several legislators
wanted to make changes in the PERSI Program.   PERSI Director, Donald Drum,
told me about three weeks ago that Rep. Jeff Thompson of Idaho Falls plans to
introduce legislation that would make the Idaho program similar to that of the
Utah retirement program.

I've included a letter that Director Drum sent out to all legislators about
the Utah program.  He will be touring Idaho during the next several months
and talking to legislators.  PERSI ranks as either ! or 2 nationally at the
top of similar type retirement programs.   My overview of potential changes
to the program are simply a solution in search of a problem.

If I get a call from Director Drum about a potential meeting here in District
6 I'll work with other legislators and elected officials to set up a public
meeting.

Rep. Tom Trail

--
Dr. Tom Trail