[Vision2020] Memo of Response by City Supervisor Gary Riedner

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 11:20:01 PDT 2011

There is an ambiguity about the word "appropriate." GR notes Steed's actions were "appropriate" in that they were in keeping with Roger's Rules of Order.

Still, Steed cut off Nancy knowing she was about to make a motion herself, blindsided her with his own motion (literally a hidden agenda), and did so on a night that Tom Lamar was missing. Thus, in an important sense, Steed's actions are clearly INapproriate in that they were rude, cowardly, and against the principles of fair play underlying our democracy.

And that's giving GR the benefit of the doubt!