[Vision2020] The road leading to Alberta oil sands gets bumpy | Crosscut.com

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Jun 21 12:25:58 PDT 2011

The size of the mini-megaload (how's that for a term) scheduled to roll
through Moscow at some time between midnight (June 27th) and 2:00 AM (June
28th) is . . .

Width:  20 feet
Height:  13 feet, 6 inches
Length: 208 feet
Weight:  300,000+ pounds

Sidebar:  I am awaiting approval from Corner Club management to locate
myself (with cameras) in the south end of their south parking lot on the
night of June 27th, which serves as a great vantage point for . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Highway12/US95_CornerClub_01.JPG

Wow!  Look at them beautiful trees.  Shame, though.

Stay tuned, Moscow.

'Till then . . .

Seeya at the Wingding.
http://www.MoscowCares.com/Wingding2011

Tom "Whoever told you that retirement is boring lied" Hansen
Moscow, Idaho

On Tue, June 21, 2011 12:05 pm, Ron Force wrote:
> As the lawsuits and citizen opposition
> mount up, the oil companies are looking at other routes and changing
> their story about the size of the huge modules they hope to haul by
> truck on a two-lane highway from Lewiston to Alberta's vast oil
> reserves
>
> http://crosscut.com/2011/06/21/energy-utilities/21033/The-road-leading-to-Alberta-oil-sands-gets-bumpy/=======================================================
>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

and the Realist adjusts his sails."