[Vision2020] GISS Global May 2011 Temp. Color Map Shows Northwest US Cold Anomaly

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 14:36:08 PDT 2011

I posted information on the Goddard Institute for Space Studies May
2011 global average temperature data yesterday.  But I thought it was
worth emphasizing that the color coded global temperature map GISS
displays on their website reveals the Northwest US as one of the
colder areas on Earth during May, colder compared to normative
temperature for each area (1951-1980 baseline), that is.

In fact, if I read this map correctly, the Northwest US shows the
largest area of deep blue in the Northern Hemisphere, which indicates
2-4 degree C. cold anomaly.  I had trouble finding any other area in
the Northern Hemispshere color coded deep blue... maybe a small area
off the east coast of Japan.

What is also noteworthy is the extreme temperature variations south of
South America extending into Antarctica, from very anomalous warm
(dark red or brown) to very anomalous cold (purple).  I'm skeptical of
such an extreme temperature variation over such a small distance.
Remember, the Knights Carbonic (
http://www.monbiot.com/2009/11/23/the-knights-carbonic/ ) are
everywhere!   Trust no one!

GISS color coded global average temperature map for May 2011:

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/gistemp/do_nmap.py?year_last=2011&month_last=05&sat=4&sst=1&type=anoms&mean_gen=05&year1=2011&year2=2011&base1=1951&base2=1980&radius=1200&pol=reg