[Vision2020] PR - Final Lecture in Series, Psychiana

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 06:23:50 PDT 2011

Ayer might not mind after all!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._J._Ayer#Near-death_experience

Actually, metaphysics had a revival after the days of logical positivism in
the 1960-70s. But even the strictest positivist would be fine with most of
what counts as metaphysics these days, which is nothing more than the
conceptual analysis of various terms used in the sciences: "causation,"
"space," "time," "disposition," etc. The Moscow Metaphysicians is just a
small group of local professors who are interested in these and other
issues. Each meeting centers around a particular paper that one of us is
writing.