[Vision2020] Marijuana Patch for Dogs

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Sat Jul 30 20:13:38 PDT 2011

In part, Dan wrote:

Recently, however, I worry how raspberries may affect a 7 month old lab-mix puppy, because he seems to nibble them off as fast as my wife can pick them!

LOL, you can quit worrying . . . about the puppy, at least – a quick check of the ASPCA’s Poison Control Center yielded no hits for raspberries.

Now, as to whether you need to worry about the stress on the family from being deprived of those delectable berries by the puppy is a question I don’t know the answer to ;-)  Personally, I’d likely be happy to have a puppy lighten my picking burden, but that’s just me.

Thanks, too, for the reminder that grapes & raisins can be toxic to dogs, and that chocolate can be toxic to dogs & cats.  I’ll toss out that the artificial sweetener xylitol (commonly used in sugar-free gum, candies, and bake goods) can be horribly toxic to dogs especially, causing hypoglycemia, liver failure, and even death.  And, keep lilies away from your kitties!  Those interested in learning more can find the ASPCA Poison Control Center’s 2010 Top 10 list, and lots of other good information, here:

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/poison-control/top-10-pet-poisons-of-the-year.aspx

Saundra