[Vision2020] Pollyanna Wants to Know: Who's the Lying Sack of Sh*t?

Jay Borden jborden at datawedge.com
Sat Jul 16 13:56:31 PDT 2011

Seems to me you're just getting angry for the sake of getting angry and
lashing out no matter what.  You're angry about the megaloads in
general, and no matter what scenario emerges it will always land on the
side that "the megaload project can do nothing right".

The article says that the 14-food wide load could have been transported
during the daytime... and that "Rolheiser wants to maintain the same
protocol for both roads".

They left port of Lewiston a little earlier... and crossed Moscow at
10pm last night.  (News to me, I had no idea...).  So, you're angry that
they deviated from their initial plan/intention, while still staying
inside the boundaries of the law/permit that was issued?   There is no
way for you not to be angry with this.  If the megaload would have
departed EXACTLY at 10PM and arrived in Moscow within the time line and
interrupted some event (road construction, some event letting out at a
particular time, who knows), you would have been incensed that the folks
didn't have the common sense to call ahead and adjust their schedule
accordingly.    (These are outrageous example, I know... I'm trying to
illustrate a point).

I don't get the impression they've lied.  They probably did WANT to
stick with the same protocol... from an operations standpoint, it would
make sense:  every operation that is done differently or has a custom
component requires meetings, training, and change... and allows for more
stuff to go wrong.    In this case, I would bet their intent was to
stick to the plan.  But they adjusted for SOMETHING, stayed within the
limits of the permit/law, and got the job done.  (I had zero idea that
the megaload came through town last night... so kudos to them for
getting it done without my knowing.  I thought that was the intent).

If I say that I'm going to arrive at a friend's house at 6:00pm... but
then don't make it there until 6:30pm... does that make me a liar?  Or
is my reason of "I couldn't find my car keys" acceptable?

I'm not sure where to respond with the "they didn't stop where they were
supposed to, they didn't get a motel room, and they didn't buy local
fuel"... plans change... but people are PEOPLE.... they all gotta EAT,
and they all gotta SLEEP.  If you're angry that they didn't do any of
those things WHERE they originally planned, I don't have much for you...
and I applaud your own itineraries and schedules to be so perfectly
executed.

You're upset about the MPD not knowing anything about the transport?
What you quoted talks about ISP involvement (non-mandatory according to
the permit), not MPD... If MPD WAS involved with this project, and
someone's house was robbed during this process, (leaving MPD unable to
respond more quickly), you would have been angry that the megaloads
project has dragged our local police force into the mix.

As far as their level of courteousness?  I guess I can't comment on
that... I've never had an issue with MPD or really any law enforcement
officer... I've learned that people are as generally as courteous to me
as I am to them.  Paint a sour face or come out swinging (so to speak),
and you're probably likely to get a cold shoulder or just ignored.
(And if you came out last night to just let your seething anger swell up
by witnessing the physical manifestation of your disdain rolling through
Moscow, I wouldn't blame the MPD for turning their backs on dealing with
a citizen who might just be interested in picking an argument in which
they have no authority or knowledge).

The fact is, we are a nation/community of LAWS and AGREEMENTS... the
megaload projects are working within the LAWS and PERMITS that they have
LEGALLY obtained.   Changing their operations to accommodate (whatever)
changing conditions happened doesn't make them liars... it makes them
flexible.

Jay Borden