[Vision2020] Caturday (July 16, 2011)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Jul 16 06:47:41 PDT 2011

Courtesy of the New York Post at:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/miracle_cat_falls_stories_quyz2
dv11UViGjRnz9TIXP#ixzz1SH8qBdHP

Miracle cat falls 20 stories

By COLIN MIXSON and CYNTHIA R. FAGEN

Gloucester may be the luckiest black cat alive.

The 16-year-old cat survived a breathtaking 20-story plunge from an Upper
West Side apartment window with barely a scratch.

"He didn't even chip a tooth or break a bone," his thankful owner, Barry
Myers, 44, said yesterday of his amazing kitty's crash landing onto the
pavement.

"I usually call him 'G,' but he's Super G. He is Miracle G now," he said of
his best buddy.

Richard Fried, Gloucester's vet agreed, saying, "He's lucky to be alive.
Most cats would die outright, or suffer serious injuries. He made a
miraculous recovery."

Myers mistakenly cracked the window open about six inches at his Lincoln
Towers apartment before he left for Cape Cod with his wife and 5-year-old
son for the July 4 weekend, never thinking that "G" could or would squeeze
through.

"I am killing myself for opening it up," said the Web-business developer.

Myers said the cat's sitter became alarmed when he didn't greet her at the
door. Realizing Gloucester may have done a nosedive, she went downstairs,
where a doorman and a tenant were huddled around the unconscious feline.

She raced him to an emergency vet.

"Super G" recovering at pet hospital.

gloucester--300x300.jpg

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2011/07/13/news/web_photos/gloucester--300x3