[Vision2020] FW: Your Weekly Fracking Update: Holy Public Meeting!

Ellen Roskovich gussie443 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 15 15:11:36 PDT 2011

From: Sara_Arkle_ICL at mail.vresp.com
To: gussie443 at hotmail.com
Subject: Your Weekly Fracking Update: Holy Public Meeting!
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 20:40:35 +0000

If you're having trouble viewing this message, click here to view in a browser

Friday, July 15, 2011

Payette County Stays Up Late

Ellen,

No rulemaking meeting was held this week. But fracking was still the focus of Payette County discussions and an interim legislative committe dealing with energy in Idaho. Read both stories below.

Payette County Residents Speak Out!It was standing room only last night at the Payette County Courthouse. For 6 hours, the Payette Planning and Zoning Commission heard testimony about a proposed gas compression plant from concerned residents, industry representatives and ICL. (Our program director, Justin Hayes, didn't get home until after 2 am!)

Residents want to know how the industrial facility could affect the rural character of the community, air quality and traffic. They're also concerned about noise 24/7 resulting from the plant.

Commissioners did not decide whether to permit the facility. Instead, they directed engineering staff to come up with a list of conditions that Bridge Resources must meet. The next meeting is scheduled for August.

Not Part of the Plan?

The Energy, Environment, and Technology Interim Committee met this week to update Idaho's energy plan. Since Idaho has not been a traditional producer of fossil fuels, natural gas and oil are not part of our current state plan.

The committee heard general presentations from the Department of Lands, Bridge Resources, Snake River Oil and Gas, other industry representatives and a newly formed industry group—the Idaho Petroleum Council. The IPC represents industry interests in Idaho.

We represent a unified voice for conservation in Idaho, speaking up for clean drinking water, clean air and vibrant communities.

More next week!

Visit Our Site | Forward to a Friend | Subscribe

An Email From

Sara Arkle

Weekly Fracking Update

Full house in
Payette County
Read testimony from Payette County resident Tina Fisher

Speak up for Idaho's drinking water!Gasland screening in CDA, July 20

Click to view this email in a browser

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, reply to this message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click the following link: Unsubscribe

Idaho Conservation League
PO Box 844
Boise, Idaho 83701
USA