[Vision2020] New Religion

Art Deco art.deco.studios at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 05:40:17 PDT 2011

Sweden: Piracy Is Not A Religion
Earnest "Nex" Cavalli<http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/articles/Earnest%20Cavalli>|
12
Jul 2011 20:02
Filed under: earnest "nex"
cavalli<http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/posts/Earnest%20Cavalli?view=articles>,
file sharing <http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/tag/file+sharing>, legal
matters <http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/tag/legal+matters>,
p2p<http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/tag/p2p>,
pirates <http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/tag/pirates>,
politics<http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/tag/politics>,
religion <http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/tag/religion>,
sweden<http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/tag/sweden>
[image: image]

*Swedish officials have yet again refused requests by The Missionary Church
of Kopimism to recognize file-sharing as an official religion.*

Founded by Philosophy student Isak Gerson, the Church describes itself
thusly <http://kopimistsamfundet.se/english/>:

In our belief, communication is sacred. Communication needs to be respected.
It is a direct sin to monitor and eavesdrop on people.

The absolute secrecy is holy in the church of kopimism.

In the individual pastoral care and confession with the kopimist priests
(the Ops), priests are protected under Swedish law by an absolute
professional secrecy.

Copyright Religion is our absolute opposite - Ongoing obstruction of
copying.

We challenge all copyright believers - most of which have a great deal of
influence in politics, and who derive their power by limiting people's lives
and freedom. What they most of all want to limit the knowledge. We need to
steel ourselves for their hatred and aggression.

- Copy. download, uplooad!
- All knowlegde to all!
- Information technology is not to be feathered by laws.

The Church's first attempt to attain state sanction was rejected in April of
2011, with Swedish authorities citing a lack of formalized tradition within
the organization. Since that time Gerson and his 1,000 acolytes have created
an official system of rituals which includes prayer and "meditation over
shared information and the act of copying."

Despite these efforts at legitimacy, Swedish officials refuse to budge,
though according to Gerson, the reasons behind the latest denial are murky
at best.

"This time, we can't really see any real reason for our denial. We adjusted
our application just the way the Swedish authorities needed, and they still
denied us the right to form a church," he claims.

Still, Gerson's flock remains undaunted and will continue its crusade to
spread the illicit teachings of their belief system.

"One thing is certain though. We will continue meeting, believing in
copying, deepen our faith and church, and fight politically for a world
where copying is not only accepted by encouraged. We know that this is not
only our dream and cause, but our calling," Gerson adds.

Whether the Missionary Church of Kopimism stands as a satire of religious
intolerance, a jab at governmental hypocrisy or an actual religious entity,
is beyond the scope of this article. That said, let it be known that on this
day, July 12, 2011, I love the Internet very, very much.

You guys are the best.

Source: Torrent
Freak<http://torrentfreak.com/file-sharers-denied-official-religion-status-in-sweden-110710/>

--