[Vision2020] The Human Toll

Matt Decker mattd2107 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 12 20:34:49 PDT 2011

From: mattd2107 at hotmail.com
To: thansen at moscow.com
Subject: RE: [Vision2020] The Human Toll
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 20:29:05 -0700

Tom,

          Thanks again for posting this info.

          Thank you to all the men and women who serve and have sacrificed for this country. Many times our lives get busy and we forget how much the military and their families give up for us.

          I found out over the weekend that a close friend, Nic Amper died in action this last Tuesday. Seeing his name on Tom's forwarded list is still surreal to me. I had the pleasure to serve with Nic in the Marine Corps in 96-97. He was a great man, a devoted father, and a loyal Marine/soldier. He will be missed.

          Nic left behind a wife and her two children whom he was the stepfather too.

          If any of you care to make a donation to help out with costs please contact me off list. Thank you

Semper Fi Nic Amper,

Matt