[Vision2020] State Sen. McGee Pleads Guilty to DUI in Deal with Prosecutor

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Jul 3 15:06:58 PDT 2011

Good point, Andreas.

However . . .

I.C. 49-227 stipulates that this would be considered a misdemeanor if the intent to deprive is temporary and damage to the vehicle (or property taken from the vehicle) is valued at less than $1,000.  If damage (or property wrongly taken) exceeds $1,000 it is a felony.

http://legislature.idaho.gov/idstat/Title49/T49CH2SECT49-227.htm

Upon further review it has been determined that damaged caused to the vehicle by Senator McGee was valued at $2,100, thus making it a felony.

http://www.magicvalley.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_abbae0aa-cb76-5f94-8222-7c7bb69de69c.html

"The Pessimist complains about the wind, the Optimist expects it to change and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown