[Vision2020] Caturday (January 29, 2011)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Jan 29 08:17:04 PST 2011

Courtesy of WTVG-TV (Toledo, Ohio) at:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/national_world&id=7920120

Firefighters rescue kitten from pole

Miramar, FL -- This scared little kitty sure knows how to get in trouble.

"It came in as a cat stuck in a drain. We got here and determined it
wasn't a drain. The kitten was actually stuck in a light pole in a parking
lot. She's about five to six feet down into the ground," says Gina Hudson
from Miramar fire department. "I'm always on duty when there's an animal
stuck. It's my luck. It's my calling." A calling Gina Hudson gets quite
often. "I've been on plenty animal rescues out of drains, walls, attics.
Now, in a pole."

A call that in this case seems better suited for a woman.

"She's going to go home with me, because my 7-year-old daughter wants a
baby kitten."

Hudson named the kitten "Lucky."

Video

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/video?id=7920119

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"There is something about the presence of a cat... that seems to take the
bite out of being alone."

- Louis J. Camuti