[Vision2020] Jus' When You Thought Things Couln't Get More Stupid . . .

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 18:03:42 PST 2011

This is interesting.  There can be so many takes on this.  No one is
saying they can't own firearms, just that they can't keep them in their
housing complex.  On the one hand, it seems reasonable that a landlord
can specify that firearms cannot be kept on the premises, assuming that
it's all agreed upon beforehand.  On the other hand, the right to bear
arms is laid down in the Constitution, so is it valid to sign that right
away?  What does it mean to have the right to bear arms?  You also have
the question of "is it more dangerous to keep a firearm in your
apartment because of possible safety issues, or is it more dangerous to
ban them, limiting the options the renter has to defend him or
herself"?  Not really a legal issue, but more a question of whether or
not their policy might be misguided.

I'll be interested to see what comes of this.

Paul