[Vision2020] Installment #29 - Respect

Jeff Harkins jeffh at moscow.com
Mon Jan 17 21:04:00 PST 2011

    Respect:

    is to honor and show consideration.

*Some thoughtful quotes:

Tolerance should really be only a temporary attitude; it must lead to
recognition.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe Philosopher, Scientist, Author  (1749-1832)

My actual life is a fact, in view of which I have no occasion to
congratulate myself; but for my faith and aspiration I have respect. It
is from these that I speak.
Henry David Thoreau Naturalist, Author, Philosopher  (1817-1862)

Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far
more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting
moment.
Benjamin Franklin Politician, Writer, Scientist  (1706-1790);

I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread
on my dreams.
William Butler Yeats Poet, Nobel Prize Winner  (1865-1939);

And who doesn't remember this one:*

*OTIS REDDING
"Respect" *
* *

*What you want
Honey you've got it
And what you need
Baby you've got it
*

* *

*All I'm asking
Is for a little respect when I come home
*

* *

*Do me wrong
Honey if you wanna
You can do me wrong Honey while I am gone
*

* *

*But all I'm asking for
Is for a little respect when I come home
*

* *

*Hey little girl, you're so sweeter than honey
And I am about to just give you all my money
*

* *

*All I'm asking for
Is a little respect when I come home
*

* *

*Hey little girl, you're sweeter than honey
And I am about to give you all my money
*

* *

*But all I want you to do