[Vision2020] Not Willing to Trade Land

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Jan 14 06:06:57 PST 2011

Courtesy of the Letters section of today's (January 14, 2011)
Moscow-Pullman Daily News with thanks to Helen Wootton.

Not willing to trade land

The Lochsa Land Exchange open house held Jan. 11 at the fairgrounds was a
metaphor for how the Forest Service has handled this whole controversy.
Only the groups in favor of the proposal were allowed inside -- the people
who opposed it were literally left outside in the cold.

The Forest Service simply does not want to listen to anyone who opposes
the exchange, which trades well-managed productive land in Latah County
for logged-over land near the Montana border. There is absolutely no
benefit to us in giving up this land - Latah County doesn't have that much
land for forest recreation to begin with. I urge you to write your
legislators and the Forest Service and let them know we are not willing to
trade off our precious land.

Helen Wootton, Moscow

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."