[Vision2020] Rhetoric

Carl Westberg idahovandal1 at live.com
Mon Jan 10 12:56:36 PST 2011

Over heated, violent rhetoric is not the sole domain of left, right, or middle.  It's not even limited to political discourse.  I visit some college sports boards, and it's rather amazing to read how stupid, and yes, downright evil other posters are who have the temerity to favor a different group of 18-22 year old athletes. And are decades older than those kids.  One could probably find philately blogs where threads turn vicious over the merits of a particular stamp.  It's just where we are.  It's what we do.  And it seems the bridge leading back to calmer discussions has been burned.