[Vision2020] The green hijack of the Met Office iscripplingBritain

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 14:57:34 PST 2011

I hope you're not responding to my post. I didn't say anything close
to the point you're responding to. I criticize PhDs for a living. In
fact, MOST PhDs criticize other PhDs for a living. So of course having
a PhD cannot exempt one from criticism. And of course you don't need a
PhD to criticize someone who has one (see my recent post to get
clearer about what I actually said wrt this issue).

I do think that some of Paul's claims are at least close to being
crackpot claims. He is dismissing the prevailing view amongst
scientists in the know and in the process more or less dismissing an
entire field of study, and related fields as well. I'll repeat what I
said before: you would need to do more than read a few journal
articles, read a lot of blogs, and refute a handful of studies to
support the claims he makes. That is just a fact of logic.

I agree with your last few points. I'd even go so far as to say that
the kind of skepticism about this "new field" is healthy. But someone
needs to point out that his claims are radically unsupported by his
arguments.