[Vision2020] THe lunatic fringe assasinates Congresswoman Giffords (D) AZ

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 8 13:44:40 PST 2011

Keely,

My condolences to your mother, I can't imagine the pain of knowing that
people your care about might be injured or worse, while not being able
to find out anything amidst the chaos as new information comes to light
and old information is shown to be in error.

I can understand your concerns relating to a professed Christian doing
something like this, assuming that this person is a Christian and indeed
that the person that was subdued and arrested was the shooter.

I would just like to point out that we know nothing about why the
shooter did what he did.  Giffords was a blue-dog democrat, a moderate
in a sea of extremism.  She might have been targeted by people on either
side.  It may also be that this man had something personal against her.
He might have even thought she was an alien or something and that he had
to save humanity from invasion.  I rather wish the original poster of
this thread had left out the "lunatic fringe" part until we actually had
some semblance of a reason for this person's actions.

Paul