[Vision2020] Good morning campers - It's installment #19-Encouragement

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Thu Jan 6 09:52:41 PST 2011

Is it stealing when taxes are imposed to pay for public schools?  Some contend that taking money for this activity is against their will.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persuasive_definition
See: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/oversimplification

If parties to this dispute just want to show their ignorance and flaunt simplistic statements of virtues/values then ignore the following:

"When comparing two statements or theories, the clearer, less vague and ambiguous statement(s) of and definitions used in each, the better the chance of meaningfully determining the truth, or in the case of values, the correct application, or least discovering the roots of agreement or disagreement"

Otherwise, make an honest effort to define terms and state/justify supporting/probabilities and values so that an honest attempt to resolve or at least clarify can be made.

For example of how to do this see first four paragraphs of the essay at:
http://adaptedphilosophy.com/content_pdfs/pragmatism/james_pragmatism_ch2.pdf

w.