[Vision2020] Communities just now getting access to broadbandInternet service?

Ron Force rforce2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 6 07:18:34 PST 2011

Rate hikes coming true for some:

Frontier plans massive FiOS cable TV rate hike
Frontier Communications Corp. plans a massive rate hike for its FiOS cable TV
customers in Oregon and Washington, marginalizing the company as a competitor to
Comcast.
Rates will rise 46 percent or more for standard cable plans -- the result,
Frontier says, of rate hikes by the cable networks.
The higher rates won't immediately affect customers who have Frontier FiOS TV
contracts with set pricing. But for customers without a contract, and customers
whose contracts are expiring, the rate hikes will be steep.
For example, the monthly cost of Frontier's standard, 220-channel package will
rise from $65 to $95 a month -- a 46 percent increase. The higher rates kicked
in Monday for new customers, and start February 18 for existing customers
without a service contract.
http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2011/01/frontier_plans_massive_fios_ca.html Ron
 Force
Moscow Idaho USA