[Vision2020] Campbell's Philosophical Work Direct Online For Free: Was: Joe Campbell promoted to Professor (was: ... Statesman)

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 12:26:09 PST 2011

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Thu Feb 24 21:16:13 PST 2011 wrote:

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2011-February/074967.html

"Now, if the level of book sales would rise up a bit (or maybe a lot) life
would be even better."
--------------------------------
When you give it away, the book sales might be impacted.

Though the University of Idaho website appears to no longer offer
Campbell's presentation "Strawson's Free Will Naturalism" referenced
in this Vision2020 post from Nov. 2009 (
http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2009-November/067055.html ),
the WSU website offers Campbell's book on free will (I assume the book
Campbell mentioned was forthcoming in the Nov. 2009 post above?)
direct for free, as revealed below; also, the two essays as shown
below are only a mouse click away.

I have read (or rather, mouthed the words while my brain was seized by
a state of stunned incomprehension) some of Campbell's work on free
will, a very difficult and very important subject, critical to our
understanding of religion and law, of placing blame, exacting
punishment or gaining salvation, that astonishingly is assumed to be
well understood by many people who have never done an in-depth study
of the daunting complexities and uncertainties of the concept:

"Pereboom on Deliberation":

http://experimentalphilosophy.typepad.com/2nd_annual_online_philoso/files/cambells_commentary_on_pereboom.pdf
"Compatibilist Alternatives:"

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~uctytho/dfwCompatCampbell.html
"Free Will" (75 pages long, from Polity Press)

http://libarts.wsu.edu/philo/faculty-staff/campbell/Campbell.FreeWill,%20Chs.%201-2.pdf
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett