[Vision2020] Defense, Deceit, and Deficits: Reagan's Unnecessary $1 Trillion Military Build-Up

nickgier at roadrunner.com nickgier at roadrunner.com
Thu Feb 17 18:38:42 PST 2011

Hi Roger,

First, let me correct one huge error in your response. I know a lot of conservative commentators say this, but why do you continue to trust them?  The national debt is $14 trillion, 7.1 trillion due to Reagan and the two Bushes.  By what sort of GOP math do you conclude that Obama's contribution is $13 trillion??  So far it is $3 trillion and I sorted it out by thirds and justified each one of them.

And since when, except in a GOP universe, is my claim that good communication should be truthful is just an opinion??!!

It is a fact, not opinion, that the taxpayers ate $88 billion in the Reagan administration created S&L Crisis.

It is a fact, not opinion, that most of the financial bail-out money has been repaid and that it is estimated that the feds will make $20 billion on AIG stock in the next several years.  About $28 billion has been earned so far from bank repayments of bail-out money.

It is a fact, not opinion, that the Reagan administration set up a Team B that repeatedly report distorted intelligence about Soviet superiority.

It is a fact that Carter did some substantial arms negotiations and started the military build-up with an increase of $500 million to the defense budget.

Your quick "research" did not turn out very well, did it?

Better luck next time,

Nick