[Vision2020] The Luna Plan (Part 2, Committee Q & A)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Feb 12 06:10:44 PST 2011

Betsy Dickow suggests:

"Better to go to Boise to lobby your legislators and to speak against the
plan...hopefully they will hear more testimony."

I sat, listened, and recorded Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, as . . .

Originally, Senate Bills 1068 and 1069 ("The Luna Plan") were scheduled
for committee discussion and vote on Thursday (following an hour of public
testimony that same day).

However, when the Senate Education Committe had reached that juncture, it
was standing-room-only in the auditorium as people waited for their
opportunity to speak.  Public testimony was extended to the end of the
legislative day.

On Tuesday, when public tesimony had originally commenced, the committee
permitted three minutes per speaker.  On Wednesday, that was reduced to
two minutes, to allow for as many speakers as possible.  By Thursday
afternoon, speaking time was reduced to one minute, with people still
cramped into the auditorium waiting to speak.

Upon review, this morning, of the Senate Education Committee's agenda,
public testimony has ended.  Committee discussion and vote will commence
on either Monday or Tuesday.

One can only imagine how many people made the trip to Boise only to spend
two or three days waiting in a cramped auditorium.

Just for general note . . .

At Thursday's public hearing, among the many several people that
testified, only ONE testified in favor of "The Luna Plan", a
representative from Apple Computer. (Things that make you go, "Hmmm.")

I have so many hours of recording to edit, convert, and post, of the
public hearing alone, I may just shorten the list to a handful of
testimonies.

On top of everything else . . . the following items are on the House
agenda for third reading (and possible vote) on MONDAY.

--------------------------

House Resolution 2

by STATE AFFAIRS COMMITTEE - HOUSE RULE 76 - Stating findings of the
Legislature and amending Rule 76 of the Rules of the House of
Representatives relating to the Committee on Ethics.

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Idahko/2011/HRes0002_Ethics_021011.htm

--------------------------

House Bill 117

by STATE AFFAIRS COMMITTEE - STATE SOVEREIGNTY - Adds to and amends
existing law relating to state sovereignty and health insurance to provide
that certain public laws shall not be enforced by the state of Idaho.

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Idaho/2011/HB0117_020911.htm

Seeya round town, Moscow.

PS to Sue, Shirley, and T-man - I really could use some assistance in
getting Luna to Vandalville (if it's possible).

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown