[Vision2020] Fw: A $50 Lesson

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Feb 10 11:49:00 PST 2011

Thank you, Saundra.

Sidebar to Roger:  Not many employers (make that "none that I know of")
like to hire homeless for one simple reason.  They have NO address.  As
such, just how do you recommend they (homeless) fill out a job
application; especially that part of the application where it asks for the
applicant's address, Roger?

There are very VERY few (maybe one or two) national charities to which I
contribute.

I live by one simple adage . . .

If you want to help out locally, contribute locally.

For instance:  How much of a 100-dollar donation to the Humane Society of
the United States reaches the animal shelters here in Moscow . . . versus
a 100-dollar donation to the Humane Society of the Palouse?  It doesn't
cost you a cent more to contribute locally and (believe me) it is
appreciated.

Thanks again, Saundra.