[Vision2020] Fw: A $50 Lesson

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Thu Feb 10 11:00:58 PST 2011

-----Original message-----

From: louiseklink at peoplepc.com
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 23:47:34 -0800
To: "\(R\) Mae Spring" spring4sparkey at yahoo.com
Subject: A $50 Lesson

A $50 Lesson

I recently asked my friends' little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up.  She said she wanted to be President someday.

Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her: "If you were President, what would be the first thing you would do?"  She replied: "I'd give food to the homeless people."  Her parents beamed with pride.

"Wow... what a worthy goal," I told her. "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my patio, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked: "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?'

I said: "Welcome to the Republican Party."  Her parents still aren't speaking to me.