[Vision2020] News From the Left

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Feb 9 09:52:20 PST 2011

Y'all right-wing conservatives are free to delete this message before you
read any further.

You had your chance . . .

Courtesy of today's (February 9, 2011 Spokesman-Review.

Olbermann at Current

NEW YORK – Less than a month after leaving MSNBC, liberal lightning rod
Keith Olbermann said Tuesday he’s headed to Current TV, the public affairs
channel launched in 2005 by former Vice President Al Gore.

Olbermann will start this spring with a New York-based prime-time talk
show on Current. He was also named chief news officer at Current, which is
available in 60 million homes in the U.S., a little more than half the
nation’s homes with television, but has few viewers.

Financial terms were not divulged, although Current said Olbermann will
get an equity stake in the company.

Olbermann’s hiring was the biggest moment in the history of Current, which
began as a network geared primarily toward young people featuring
viewer-generated short videos and is now evolving into a more traditional
network.

“We now live in a world with fewer and fewer opportunities to hear truly
unique, truly unfettered voices on television,” Gore said. “Keith is one
of those rare voices.”

Current is conveniently located at channel 358 on DirectTV.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

“I guess she made up that dead-son-in-Iraq business! He [Limbaugh] also
referred to her supporters as 'dope-smoking FM types.' I guess the
painkillers wipe out your memory along with your ethics. Rush Limbaugh,
today's worst person in the world!”

- Keith Olbermann