[Vision2020] Rev. Jesse Jackson at UI says Spokane Would-Be Bomber ‘more sick than mean’

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 07:19:54 PST 2011

“Black history is not for blacks only” was another thing I learned last
night. It's unfortunate that Jackson's image is so distorted. The talk last
night was really about American history, not just black history. I can't
help but think that everyone on the V -- conservatives, progressives,
liberals, and moderates -- would have enjoyed the message and agreed with
almost everything that Jackson had to say. As Jackson put it, it's not about
color; it's about character.

Actually, I had no desire to go to the talk but my son said he wanted to go,
a boy's night out with his friend and his friend's dad (who is also my
friend). A great idea and a great evening!