[Vision2020] PR - Safe Routes to School Polar Walk

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Mon Feb 7 08:25:09 PST 2011

City of Moscow
Administration
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p     |  208.883.7006
e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
Title:  Safe Routes to School Polar Walk Scheduled for February 16, 2011

February 7, 2011 - On February 16, 2011 all students are encouraged to walk, bike, ski, sled or bus to school for Polar Walk, one of three annual Safe Routes to School events to encourage safe, active travel.

Friends and parents are also encouraged to participate! More active travel means less emissions and traffic danger around our schools, as well as healthier students.  Elementary Students will receive stickers and hot chocolate Junior High students will receive raffle tickets for prizes. New this year, Safe Routes to School will hide a stuffed polar bear on a route to each school campus for traveling students to find and take to the school office to redeem a prize.

Questions? Please contact Brooke Lowry, Moscow Safe Routes to School Coordinator at blowry at uidaho.edu<mailto:blowry at uidaho.edu>. Watch out for polar bears!

###

Story Contact: Jen Pfiffner, Assistant to the City Supervisor
Phone: 208.883.7123
Email: jpfiffner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:jpfiffner at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources. We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.

Jen

Jen Pfiffner
Assistant to the City Supervisor
City of Moscow