[Vision2020] Washington best-value universities

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Sun Feb 6 05:29:36 PST 2011

On Saturday 05 February 2011 15:22:11 Joe Campbell wrote:
> Thanks for this information, Ken!

You're welcome. I must append to the data, with apology for omission, The
Evergreen State College in Olympia which should have appeared in the message
with an in-state rank of 53 and an out-of-state rank of 57. I should have used
the web site's sorting abilities to arrange the list by state, which may have
made Evergreen more visible initially, even without Washington in its name.

It is interesting to note how well-represented the coastal states of WA, OR,
and CA are on the Kiplinger list compared with the more arid inland states.
Beyond the coast one must skip over ID, MT, ND, NV, UT, WY, SD, AZ, NM, and KS
before one encounters a south-central US cluster of CO, NE, OK, and TX on the
list, before moving further eastward to the column of states along the west
side of the Mississippi River, all of which are on the list.

I haven't done any spreadsheet analyses, but it appears that even with WA's
relatively small population, it is well-committed to educational excellence
for its residents.

Ken