[Vision2020] deluxe parking accommodations for some-payed forby others

Gary Crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Sat Feb 5 16:14:38 PST 2011

That being the case, why not leave it up to the individual business to make the decision
to woo you and your bulging wallet in by providing hermetically sealed, air conditioned, gem encrusted bike accommodations?

Should the city, with its unerring eye for economic bounty, decide to dip into its coffers and build a bike rack on every corner of every block taxpayers would howl and rightly so.
Even though such a scheme would have the ultimate beneficiaries paying at least a portion of the cost and result in a similar number or parking slots, voters would see it for the wasteful boondoggle that it is. Forcing the expense off onto private property owners doesn't make it any better.