[Vision2020] deliuxe parking accommodations for some-payed for by others

the lockshop lockshop at pull.twcbc.com
Sat Feb 5 09:39:02 PST 2011

Does anyone other then myself wonder why the city in its infinite wisdom
doesn't spend a little more time worrying about city property and assets and
a little less time trying to dream up ways to inflict itself on private
property owners, developers, and businesses? I'm speaking of course about
the councils latest intrusion into the lives of its business community, the
proposed bike parking ordnance. Don't get me wrong, I haven't anything
against the two wheeled menaces and their owners but forcing small business
people to install covered racks is to demand that they spend hard fought for
capital to solve a non-existent problem. In the event that restless,
unattended herds of  damp or snow encrusted bikes create some sort of
difficulty for a business or  property owner a remedy of their own choice
can be found and applied. Should it be ascertained that merchants and
landlords are in some way losing money due to the lack of adequate bicycle
parking I'm sure that they would be only to happy to implement a solution to
accommodate they're paying clientele. This is a perfect example of an area
where the free market can handle the situation (should it ever actually turn
into one) without heavy handed government intrusion.