[Vision2020] A proposal to balance the budget

Robert Dickow dickow at turbonet.com
Tue Feb 1 18:41:50 PST 2011

Continuing the thread...

Some folks may still feel that government employees get paid way more than
private employees, justifying cuts to government workers. It's hard to
generalize, and it depends on the occupation. I got a note that asserted
that government employees are making gobs of money here in Moscow. That
wasn't quite the line of argument I was taking, which was about the country
in general. Anyway, statistics can lie don't forget, so don't draw big
conclusions, but here's a list of some professional occupations with
salaries that show quite a bit of variance. Anyways... figures from the
Bureau of Labor Statistics. College professors in private institutions? I
think they're paid more, aren't they? Anybody?

Attorney
Government average: $105,577
Nationwide average: $110,520

Financial Manager