[Vision2020] oops

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Dec 29 00:26:56 PST 2011

Well, what a clumsy re-introduction to Vision 2020 -- I sort of forgot how to send a post to the list, so sorry for the blank email you all just got from me.

It's been about a year since I left Vision, both as a reader and as an active participant.  By late fall of 2010, I had gotten discouraged by the tone and direction the discussions sometimes were marked with, and it was fairly easy, although not at all fun, for me to see that I had occasionally been one of the offenders, or at least not always a positive contributor.  But the truth is that I miss the dialogue, I miss hearing from and about many of you, and I think we can all agree that there's a whole lot of stuff going on these days that needs to be hashed out in the public square.  I've been blogging up a storm, of course, except for during the holidays, but I'm feeling a bit disconnected from my home of nearly ten years, and so I plan on rejoining.

Yeah, I know.  A scatter of applause, a murmur of groans, and, predominately, the empty sound of nothin' but crickets . . .

Anyway, I haven't mellowed  nor moved to the right in my politics, I'm still "religious in that way," as my aunt says, and I'm as passionate in my beliefs as I always have been.  Perhaps more.  But a truly difficult 2011 -- I won't be a bit unhappy to see the New Year come -- has, I think, made me a gentler person, and if I can remain so on Vision, then . . . I'm back.  And if not, I'm gone.

Hope all of you are well, and I look forward to jumping back into the fray!  And the blog I mentioned earlier, by the way, is Prevailing Winds; if you're interested in a
Christian defense of feminism, racial/social/economic/LGBT equality, and
 what I believe to be a Biblical analysis of other issues that you
perhaps haven't gotten from purveyors and practitioners of that ol' time
 religion, check it out at www.keely-prevailingwinds.com.

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com