[Vision2020] 2011 Military Post of the Year

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Dec 28 10:00:32 PST 2011

Agreed, Joe.

Well over 4,000 soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines gave their final full measure to provide and ensure freedom to the people of Iraq and Afghanistan.  And my heart goes out to those service members and their families.  But, what about ensuring freedoms to those among their own ranks?

Sidebar correction, Mr. Decker:  i have been on more funeral details (while serving at Fort Dix, NJ and Presidio of San Francisco, CA) than I care to recall.  At memorial services flags are raised then lowered to half-staff, not half mass.  "To the Colors" is played while the colors are raised to full staff, then lowered to the halfway point (half-staff), followed by the playing of Taps.  Just a correction.  No offense intended.

Seeya later, Moscow.

Tom Hansen
Spokane, Washington

"If not us, who?