[Vision2020] robberies

Bill London london at moscow.com
Fri Dec 16 15:54:54 PST 2011

Roger-
Regarding your concern about the robberies in rural Latah County, see the article from the Daily News below
BL
Sheriff's office investigating rural burglaries

The Latah County Sheriff’s Office is investigating numerous daytime residential burglaries that appear to be focused along U.S. Highway 95 from Steakhouse Hill north of Moscow to Jacksha Road to the south.

According to a release, the sheriff’s office believes burglars are targeting homes while residents are away, knocking on doors to confirm, and pretending to be lost if someone answers. Six homes have been burglarized since Nov. 30

Two break-ins were reported Wednesday, one at a residence on the 4600 block of U.S. 95 north of town and another on the 1200 block of Jacksha Road south of Moscow. Among the items being reported stolen are jewelry and electronics.

The sheriff’s office is asking homeowners to be vigilant and report suspicious vehicles in their area, and to keep doors locked. To report suspicious activity, contact the sheriff’s office at (208) 882-2216.