[Vision2020] MVT PR - Moscow Valley Transit Receives Additional Funding

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Thu Dec 15 16:57:39 PST 2011

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CCBB4A.8F0C3E20]
PRESS RELEASE
J.R. VanTassel, Executive Director
Phone - 208.883.7747
Email - jrvt at 2transit.com<mailto:jrvt at 2transit.com>

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Moscow Valley Transit Receives Additional Funding

December 15, 2011 (Moscow, Idaho) - Moscow Valley Transit is grateful to the Associated Students of the University of Idaho (ASUI) for their financial support for public transit in Moscow, Idaho.  The ASUI via the Student Activity Fee Committee comprised of 4 undergraduate students, 2 graduate students and 1 law student made the decision to allocate $24,000 now and a similar amount in the spring of 2012 to Moscow Valley Transit.  The funding was originally allocated for public transportation and was previously committed to the Moscow - Pullman Wheatland Express Commuter Service, terminated earlier this year.

J.R. VanTassel, Executive Director of Moscow Valley Transit, stated, "We appreciate the financial support of the students and ASUI.  They are primary users of our bus service and one of the main reasons we are in business."

Samantha Perez, ASUI President notes, "The service that Moscow Valley Transit provides to the students of the University of Idaho as well as the community as a whole, is one great reason why Moscow is such a great place to be.  I personally support public transit and I am excited that the ASUI as a whole sees the value in this service as well."

Moscow Valley Transit thanks the ASUI for their pledge of financial support and looks forward to continuing service in the Moscow community.

###

Anyone can ride the bus...
Everyone should!