[Vision2020] Call for Help: Activist Opportunity with Planned Parenthood

j Whitney jenwhitney at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 00:00:32 PST 2011

Hello Vision 20/20!

As many of you may know, our joint Moscow/Pullman community presents some
unique challenges and opportunities.  A large one being that it revolves
around a university/student schedule, which can make accomplishing tasks
that require volunteers quite difficult during, say, finals week.

Planned Parenthood is working hard with the Add the Words campaign (
http://addthewords.org/) to include sexual orientation and gender identity
to Idaho's Human Rights Act because unfortunately, it is still legal in
Idaho to fire someone for being gay or transgender.  We believe that *no
one should be fired for who they are or who they love!
*
To this end, Planned Parenthood is hosting a phone bank on *Wednesday,
December 14th* (yep that's in 2 days) from *4pm to 7pm* *at their health
center in Pullman* (1205 SE Prof. Mall Suite 105) to educate Idahoans about
this issue and ask them to ask their legislators to support the amendment
to help create some real change in Idaho.  I've been working to get sign
ups from my student volunteers, but as you know, this week is finals week,
and they all rightfully need to focus on finals.  I am looking for *5
amazing people* who would be willing to devote some of their precious time
to this endeavor.  Might there be anyone out there who can help?  I am to
the begging point, so I will be offering your favorite *chocolate* bar (or
other treat you are not allowed to have) for willing volunteers.  I would
also appreciate your sharing this opportunity with any of your friends,
peeps, and other interested parties to get the word out as quickly as
possible.  *Pizza, bread sticks, scripts, and training will be provided!  *

Please respond to this email or call Jennifer Whitney at 509.241.4301 or
208.301.8390 if you can help out!

Thanks so much,
Jennifer Whitney
Community Organizer