[Vision2020] PR - Wisescapes Nominees Featured

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Mon Dec 12 14:19:30 PST 2011

City of Moscow
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p     |  208-883-7006
e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
Wisecape Nominees Featured

December 12, 2011 (Moscow, Idaho) - Mayor Nancy Chaney formally recognized the outstanding 2011 Wisecape nominees at the December 5, 2011 City Council meeting. Featured nominees and the categories they were nominated were:

  *   Maria Schneider and Geoff Whitney - Residential, Continuing
  *   Fred Rabe - Residential, Established
  *   John Pool and Barbara Greever - Residential, New
  *   Moscow Food Co-op - Commercial, Established
  *   East Side Market Place, Shelly Bennett - Commercial, New
  *   Latah County Library - Public Facilities

Chaney lauded the accomplishments of the nominees noting, "Dedication and inspiration can be found in each and every entry we are lucky to review each year.  On behalf of the City of Moscow I commend all who practice the water-conserving art of Wisecaping."

The City of Moscow established the Wisescape concept in 2008 to promote water-efficient landscaping on the Palouse. The concepts include landscape design aesthetics, reduction of resource use, soil enhancements, and plant selection.  Moscow residents may nominate themselves, or be nominated by neighbors, businesses, developers, the City, etc. The award recognizes individuals who set examples for landscape aesthetics and resource conservation. Nominations for 2012 are due by September 15, 2012.

Wisescape Awards are selected from businesses and residences that set examples of attractive, water-conserving use of outdoor space. The intent is not based on competition or to reward the most lavish or expensive projects, but rather to acknowledge people's creative efforts, however modest, and provide inspiration to others. Not all of the Wisescape Guidelines need to be fulfilled; a combination of the guidelines is preferred.

For more information on the City of Moscow Wisescape Awards, please contact Nichole Baker by email at nbaker at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:nbaker at ci.moscow.id.us>, by phone at 208.883.7114, or by mail or in person to the Moscow Water Department at 201 North Main Street, Moscow.

###

Story Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
Phone: 208.883.7006
Email: griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources.
We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to
build public trust and enhance a sense of community.