[Vision2020] A Letter From Mitt Romney

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Dec 11 11:17:41 PST 2011

Courtesy of the Borowitz Report at:

http://www.borowitzreport.com

------------------------------

A Letter from Mitt Romney
Your Chance to Win $10,000

DES MOINES – Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney today issued the following open letter to America:

Dear American:

A lot of people are going around today saying that Mitt Romney is too rich and out-of-touch to be President.   Well, I am willing to bet you $10,000 I’m not.

I’m holding in my hand a crisp ten grand note that can be yours if I’m wrong.  I always walk around with a thick wad of these, just in case I need to tip a wine steward or light up a fat cigar.  In a pinch, I sometimes peel one off and use it to wipe my fanny.  You wouldn’t think Mitt Romney would ever run out of toilet paper, but when you live in a 11,000 square foot mansion with seventeen bathrooms, believe me, it happens!

I guess you could say I’ve always been a betting man.  Like earlier this fall, when Rick Perry accused me of using an illegal alien to cut my lawn in La Jolla.  Why, the next day I called out to yardman, “Jose, I’ll bet you $10,000 you’re legal.”  He didn’t take the bet, because he ran away and I never saw him again.  I guess betting isn’t a part of his culture, wherever he comes from.

And while we’re on the subject of being rich and out of touch, here’s something Mitt Romney would never do: run up a $500,000 tab at Tiffany buying diamond nipple rings for his third wife.  As the kids like to say, “Just sayin’.”

Vote for me,

Mitt

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"If not us, who?