[Vision2020] Cain Quits

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Mon Dec 5 11:47:28 PST 2011

I do think Darrell's point has a lot of merit.  My concern with Herman Cain,
other than his complete lack of any valid credentials that might serve this
nation well in these troubled times, both nationally and internationally, is
his arrogance.  If he doesn't know it, it isn't important.  If he says she
was only a "friend" in spite of claims to the contrary, the media are wrong
to inquire further.  And bottom line, I can't imagine a marriage in which
the husband, who--over a 14 year period, squires another woman around in
public and has ongoing communication with her, has never even mentioned her
to his wife as a friend, co-worker, whatever.  He says his communication
with her was to help her financially, with personal and family problems,
etc.  Supposedly it was like taking her on as a grown up "foster child."
While spouses don't necessarily talk a lot about business, it's experience
such as helping others that they do generally share. He says his wife didn't
know--maybe she did and maybe she didn't.  Spouses put up with infidelity
for any number of reasons; she probably had hers.  Despite his claims, this
hasn't been a media lynching.  Lynchings were shameful historical events.
His troubles arise from his own personal sense of entitlement.

Sue H