[Vision2020] Say What?

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 10:29:05 PST 2011

I have to reply to your "99% against those morally bankrupt on Wall Street & in Big Business" turn of phrase.  I feel compelled to note that it's not as simple as the 99% being taken advantage of by the evil 1%.  For proof, I offer up the lady that thought it was a good idea to pepper spray other shoppers when she was trying to get a good deal on a video game console on Black Friday.  There's enough blame for our current financial system in so many different areas that it can't be summed quite up this easily.  Take the housing bubble, for instance.  For every greedy banker that tried to saddle someone with a loan they couldn't handle, there was someone on the other end of that transaction that had no business even trying to take out such a loan.  Greedy bankers can't force loans on people unwilling to take on more debt than they can handle.

Don't get me wrong - there's lots of blame that can be foisted on people on Wall Street and in big business.  I'm just saying that it's not the entirety of the problem.

Paul