[Vision2020] Newt's work plan for poor kids

Rosemary Huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Thu Dec 1 21:02:45 PST 2011

Maybe not a heartless bastard, just a pompous, self-entitled jackass.  What
makes Newt think that poor kids can't learn office skills or be trained to
be assistance librarians?    Let me help you to understand, Gary.  That
pathetic serial adulterer, hypocritical, ethically challenged little twerp's
message decoded (i.e. translated for those who have never lived in the
South) simply means black kids are great with mops, buckets, and toilet bowl
brushes, but office work, not so much.  That said, I have two other
observations to make about Newt.  The first is courtesy of Paul Klugman
"he's (Newt) a stupid man's idea of what a smart person sounds like."  And
the second, which probably reflects the positions of many Progressive
voters, if the Republicans are silly enough to "overlook" the baggage Newt
brings to the party, Democrats will be dancing in the streets.

And, by the way, I am a great believer in the notion that kids rich or poor
(from their middle teens on) should be happy to pick up some part-time work,
which will help them gain a sense of purpose and responsibility, financial
management skills, and a boost in deservedly earned self-esteem.  I worked
30 hours a week from my 16th birthday until I graduated from high school.
But, guess what, nobody ever suggested that the only skill I might have, or
the only work I might be fit to do was clean the bathrooms at Moscow High
School.

Rose Huskey