[Vision2020] Herman Cain's Extra-Marital Relations

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 01:43:44 PST 2011

Jay,

I am not debating if the court ruled guilty or not guilty. I am simply stating that your stated definition of adultery doesn't meet the court's definition. If it did, then Clinton could not be found guilty. I agree, a ruling of gulity or not guilty does not make something true or untrue, it is just the ruling. Many times people not guilty are found guilty and the opposite is true as well.

In this 1/7000000000 of the world's opinion;

 I disagree that in our current legal system someone can take the Fifth Amendment in any meaningful way. To do so is admission of guilt of the question in the minds of many jury members. The only true protection of not committing perjury or self incrimination is to have a judge not allow unfair or irrelevant questions of a person on the stand. The purpose of questioning is to get to the relevant facts of the case, not to indulge themselves and the media with intimate details of an individual's personal life. This is misuse of the legal system and abuse of the person on the stand.

I think our legal system needs to be as protective as when people apply for jobs. An employer cannot ask certain questions like,how many children she has, if she plans on having any more, what her religion, age, race, or what are the specifics of a disability. To plead the 5th would be pointless. The only fair way is to not allow certain types of questions in the first place.

Donovan Arnold