[Vision2020] Megaload Monitors Arrested Saturday for Obstruction

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Aug 29 09:15:26 PDT 2011

Oops.

My mistake (kinda).

The law cited by Shirley Ringo allows authorities to charge people (as
Helen Yost and her friend were) with unbuckled seat belts (even if they
are passengers, not drivers) if the vehicle operator is "suspected" of
another violation (obstruction in this case).

It is very similar to Arizona's recently enacted "undocumented immigrant"
law, where is if a person is merely suspected of being an undocumented
immigrant, they can be detained and held until documentation is provided.

After all, as Kris Kristofferson so aptly stated . . .

"The Law is for Protection of the People"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/Law_is_for_Protection.mp3

"Billy Dalton staggered on the sidewalk.
Someone said he stumbled and he fell.
Six squad cars came screamin' to the rescue,
Hauled old Billy Dalton off to jail.

Cause the law is for protection of the people.
Rules're rules and any fool can see.
We don't need no drunks like Billy Dalton
Scaring decent folks like you and me.  No siree.

Homar Lee was nothing but a hippie,
Walkin' through this world without a care.
Then one day six strapping brave policemen
Held down Homar Lee and cut his hair.

Cause the law is for protection of the people
Rules are rules and any fool can see.
We don't need no hairy-headed hippies
Scaring decent folks like you and me.  No siree.

Oh so thank your lucky stars we've got protection.
Walk the line and never mind the cost.
No wonder who them lawmen were protecting
When they nailed the Saviour to the cross.

Cause the law is for protection of the people.
Rules are rules and any fool can see.
We don't need no riddle-speaking prophets
Scaring decent folks like you and me.  No siree"

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Author Unknown