[Vision2020] Brain Transplant: Do Want a Demo Brain or a GOP One?

nickgier at roadrunner.com nickgier at roadrunner.com
Sat Aug 27 18:14:53 PDT 2011

Hi Roger:

Some time ago you said that you would like to see more tasteful political cartoons going either way, so here is a good one for you going my way.

My next column is on Perry's Unmiracle in Texas.  I'm eager to get your response.

Nick

In the hospital the relatives gathered in the waiting room, where a
family member lay gravely ill. Finally, the doctor came in looking
tired and somber.

"I'm afraid I'm the bearer of bad news", he said as he surveyed the
worried faces. "The only hope left for your loved one at this time is a
brain transplant.  It's an experimental procedure, very risky, but it
is the only hope. Insurance will cover the procedure, but you will
have to pay for the BRAIN."

The family members sat silent as they absorbed the news. After a time,
someone asked, 'How much will a brain cost?'

The doctor quickly responded, "$5,000 for a Republican's brain; $200 for
a Democrat's brain."

The moment turned awkward. Some of the Republicans actually had to 'try'
to not smile, avoiding eye contact with the Democrats. A man unable
to control his curiosity, finally blurted out the question everyone
wanted to ask, "Why is the Republican's brain so much more than a
Democrat's brain?"

The doctor smiled at the childish innocence and explained to the
entire group, "It's just standard pricing procedure. We have to price
the Democrats' brains a lot lower because they've been used."