[Vision2020] In Tribute to . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Aug 27 10:27:07 PDT 2011

Moscow's Megaload Six:

Vincent Murray
Brett Haverstick
Mitchell Day
David Willard
Gregory Freistadt
William French

-------------------------------

"Have You Been to Jail for Justice"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/Jail_for_Justice.mp3

"Was it Cesar Chavez? Or Rosa Parks that day?
Some say Dr. King or Gandhi that set them on their way
No matter who your mentors are it's pretty plain to see
That, if you've been to jail for justice, you're in good company.

Have you been to jail for justice? I want to shake your hand
'Cuz sitting in and lyin' down are ways to take a stand
Have you sung a song for freedom? or marched that picket line?
Have you been to jail for justice? Then you're a friend of mine.

You law abiding citizens, come listen to this song.
Laws were made by people, and people can be wrong.
Once unions were against the law, but slavery was fine.
Women were denied the vote while children worked the mine
The more you study history the less you can deny it
A rotten law stays on the books ‘til folks with guts defy it.

Have you been to jail for justice? I want to shake your hand
'Cuz sitting in and lyin' down are ways to take a stand
Have you sung a song for freedom? or marched that picket line?
Have you been to jail for justice? Then you're a friend of mine.

The law's supposed to serve us, and so are the police
But when the system fails, it's up to us to speak our peace
We must be ever vigilant for justice to prevail
So get courage from your convictions
Let them haul you off to jail!

Have you been to jail for justice? I want to shake your hand
Cause sitting in and lyin' down are ways to take a stand
Have you sung a song for freedom? or marched that picket line?
Have you been to jail for justice? Then you're a friend of mine.”

Seeya at the next one, Moscow.

"This is the 'Mouse that Roared,' 'David and Goliath' and 'Avatar' all
rolled into one.  We must remember that the thousands of citizens involved
in this effort to protect their personal and family safety, their
businesses and their lifestyles are confronting some of the largest
international corporations in the world."

- Linwood Laughy